Improving the well-being of our neighbors and employees
Our long-standing support for United Way helps address critical community needs. Each year we organize local United Way campaigns, and this year employees pledged more than $1.6 million. Our charitable foundation will also donate more than $800,000 to United Ways for a combined gift of $2.4 million. Our campaigns have won the Spirit of Tennessee award, United Way's tribute to the strength of our support. Our involvement doesn't stop with financial contributions. Our executives serve in community-wide leadership roles, and our employees volunteer in member agencies.
We know that the health of a community starts with the health of its people. We introduced our HealthMiles campaign for employees, with incentives to help them stay active and fit. And we want to help make sure that our employees and our neighbors have access to top-quality healthcare when they need it. First Tennessee supports healthcare institutions throughout the state, including:
- Memphis: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Baptist Memorial Healthcare and Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- Nashville: Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, St. Thomas Hospital and the American Heart Association
- Knoxville: East Tennessee Children's Hospital, Covenant Health, Mercy Healthcare Partners and the University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Northeast Tennessee: Mountain States Health Alliance Niswonger Children's Hospital and the East Tennessee State University College of Pharmacy
- Chattanooga: TC Thompson Children's Hospital and the Chattanooga Hamilton County Medical Society